Hire Me Direct

Lakad para sa kalikasan

Author: mavs // Category: ,
The longest walk of my layp!


In my two decades of existence in this quite imperfect world (aw?), I have not yet engaged myself in a nine-kilometer distance of non-stop walk--not until few days ago when some of the members of the student publication (xempre kasali din me) willingly joined the "Walk the talk" activity organized by Foundation University to urge people in the community to care for the environment.


The marathon walk started in the wee hours of February 13. Since we are not really 'morning people', we had to be awoke before the dawn broke. We braved the chilling Saturday morning air just to go to Valencia where we all assembled.

When the walk started, we were almost oblivious of the distance because we all enjoyed with our respective chit chats. But as the walk progressed, we gradually felt our leg muscles aching. I thought I would not be able to make it but thank God, I did it! And I was so proud of it!



The environmental walk ended at the facade of Robinsons Place Dumaguete where a little program was conducted before we hit our separate ways. At first, the program was quite fine but as the politicians/participants were introduced and made their speeches on stage, what seemed to be a solemn campaign for the environment turned into a political rally as most of the politicians indubitably recited their rhetorical speeches to attract voters--albeit you can't easily put us, the youth, in your pockets, sirs.

Anyhow, it was a great activity although it was rather tiresome especially for me who live a couch potato lifestyle. So, have you walked that far--9km? I did! :)



P.S.
kabalo ko super pan-os na ni nga post. Sagdi ra gud, kamo kunoy every 10 years ra mag-update og blog bi. khekkhek :)

0 Responses to "Lakad para sa kalikasan"

Post a Comment