Hire Me Direct

Before you vote...

Author: mavs // Category:
Before I went to school this afternoon, I was attracted to watch a part of the ANC Leadership Forum for a few minutes.
Yup, it was just for a few minutes.
I decided to leave when the program started to become a comedy show.
I don’t know how others see it but for me it was a one-woman show.

The politicians aspiring to become the next president who were there were Senator Loren Legarda, Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay, Former President Joseph Estrada, and Metro Manila Development Authority Chairman Bayani Fernando.

At first, it was a bit interesting when they disclosed what their plans are for the first 100 days of their administration if ever if they get elected.
In fairness, all four of them have good answers.

But as the show went on, some of the guests made me lose my enthusiasm to further watch the show.
When the forum was opened, more questions were asked.
And again, the four answered the questions.
But as to whether or not their answers were right, that’s another story.

The way I see it, I think only one or two of them have answered the questions correctly. I’m not sure if they are just evasive or what but some are really far out.

Senator Legarda was convincing with all her answers.
She finished her answers briefly and concisely and does it in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Mayor Binay also has good answers.
But he always has something to say about Makati in almost all his answers.
“Sa Makati…” and all the rest of his line.
There’s nothing wrong with boasting what you have accomplished in one city, but come on, there’s more to the Philippines than just Makati.
Let us not forget that there are more than 7, 000 islands in the Philippines with more than 90 million Filipinos.

While Former Pres. Estrada never failed to keep the audiences laughing.

I believe Chairman Fernando also did the same.
But I admired his courage to publicly announce his intention of running as a presidential candidate for the upcoming election next year.
(Di tulad ng iba na kesyo di raw tatakbo pero pagdating ng eleksyon lulunukin lahat ng sinabi.)
Also, I will never forget when he said he’s aware of the good and bad moves of the current administration but when asked by Cheche Lazaro what those bad moves are, he merely said “Don’t get me into trouble.”

These are all that I remember from that Leadership Forum.

In the end, I would give credits to all of them for showing up and answering the questions.

Though what they have said are just words and we don’t know if they can put that into deeds but watching them in the forums such as this is one good start for us to know them before we cast our votes.

I would further say that it is important for us youth, to watch these kinds of shows or other similar activities so that we would somehow get a little knowledge as to who deserves to lead us come 2010.

They say we are the hope of the future so it is only proper that we should be involved in any activities that concern us and the entire nation as a whole. And one of these is the upcoming election. Lets us prove to them that we care, we are smart, and that our votes can never be bought. Let us scrutinize these politicians for only then can we become confident as whom are we going to give our votes.

I’m not preaching. I’m just concern. And I’m just expressing my opinions.


3 Responses to "Before you vote..."

optimistic dora Says :
June 7, 2009 at 5:30 AM

kailangan mgka-pera ako ngayong eleksyon marv... hehe,

Anonymous Says :
June 7, 2009 at 10:13 AM

ayun di ko yan napanood. musta mavz?

mavs Says :
June 7, 2009 at 5:52 PM

@ optimistic dora

ano naman ang konek
ng kagustuhan mong magkapera
sa post ko doRa huh?
but sakaling magkapera ka
balatohan mo naman ako...:)

@ joshmarie

ayos lang ako
ate jOShy...
eh ikaw?
salamat sa pagdaan ha...
ingats po kayo at GB...

Post a Comment