Hire Me Direct

Man in a cup

Author: mavs // Category:
I saw a man
staring at me—not winking
His mind shouting for help
albeit his silence

Align CenterHe’s trapped in a dark smoky world
helpless, exhausted

He’s barring a tear
that’s been peeping in his tired eyes

His soul bathing
in a fathomless river of solitude

He stretched his pale lips
faking a smile
But it only made him
more miserable
His soul wrecked

I’ve never seen a man
with such a dying spirit

I wanted to help
cheer him maybe

But I was bitten by reality
I don’t differ to this man
I ain’t capable of helping
I’m just a reflection of him

This house is as empty as a vacuum
Notwithstanding my presence
I’m just so detached from the world
No one to chat with or cry with
Not even a beep from them
Just a radio

So I continued writing this piece
alongside a black coffee
Every sip is a hope
That its bitterness
Would drown at once
this emotional turmoil

Before I take another gulp
I saw the man again
But now I’ve figured
his identity
I am not his reflection
it’s the other way

0 Responses to "Man in a cup"

Post a Comment