Hire Me Direct

C O N F U C I U S !

Author: mavs // Category:
Hanging by a moment.

Today I was supposed to know the result of my examination in the job I applied for as a copy editor. I called the publishing firm yesterday but they told me to give them a callback today. When I spoke to the HR this afternoon, I was nonetheless told to call them again this weekend because they had just forwarded my essay exam to Manila and the result will not be available until Saturday.

After learning this, I was like ah ok this torture has to linger for a few more days. I've no other choice but to wait though.

What irritates me actually is not the delayed result of the exam. Rather, its the fact that I still can't figure out what I will do with my life after graduation. I have a part-time job presently but aside from the fact that I don't want to be stuck in call centers, the financial remuneration is not much considering that I'm only working every weekends. The only thing that keeps me going there is that I've been close to my coworkers and the job is not as stressful because I seldom receive irate calls. Sometimes, there's no call at all so I can just surf the net all I want. But really, I just love my employers because they're so kind. It's my first job also so I kinda treasure it til now.

Now this job I applied for in a publishing firm is not actually the one I have been longing for when I was still in college. I always wanted to go to Cebu instead and become a media practitioner. This whole idea of applying as a copy editor just came without signal and I just impulsively decided to apply because the salary is good.

I consider making decisions as the hardest job in the world, and now, I'm once again struck by its difficulty. I was so afraid that I might make an indecision but look at what I have dragged myself into. I'm left hanging by a moment. Hanging because I still have to wait for the result of my application in the publishing firm before I could decide to practice journalism in Cebu. Since I've already troubled myself in applying for this job, I decided to just wait for the outcome. If I'll make it, perhaps, I'll give it a year or two for experience. If I won't, Cebu here I come.

I actually do not see anything wrong with the work in the publishing company. First, it pays well. Second, I have been doing the work when I was still in the university. Third, I'm just here in the city, with my parents, with my friends, with people who are familiar to me, and the place of course, I don't have to adapt into whatever changes at all.

Nevertheless, it is because of these reasons that I want to go to other place. A place where I can start by my own. For many years now, I'm dependent with my parents, they wash my clothes, wash the dishes, provide me with allowance, they pay the bills, and all I do is sleep, eat, and work. Because of this almost couch potato lifestyle, I'm challenged to go off alone where I could learn to do everything by my own. That I think will give me a better definition of what life is. Also I'd like to work in a place where I know no one, where I would have to worry everyday what to eat, if I still have money for fare, and for my other necessities. In short, a life where everyday is a challenge. That I think that will make me a better man. Independent!

Most importantly, I want to go to Cebu because it's a place where I could best practice my profession. Dumaguete--my place--is very peaceful. This is best for retirees to spend their pension but not for a fresh graduate like me who wants to grow as a person and as a professional. There is almost no news in Dumaguete. And, being a journalist here will not even suffice to feed your hungry stomach including your family. In a metropolitan city like Cebu, the action is there and the money is there although the latter is not my priority as of the moment. My priority really is to practice my profession and grow as a person. But as of now, I can't be certain if I really know what my priority is.

I badly need intellectual advice. However, here's my gameplan. I'll just have to wait until Saturday, hear the result, if I'll make it, I'll get the job the muster the experience, if not, my Cebu dream will push though. How's that?


1 Response to "C O N F U C I U S !"

Unknown Says :
April 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM

hi dear!! am from cebu...warmest welcome if you can come here!! i am just surfing and accidentally i've read ur blog and just surprised me that you want to go here in cebu to practice ur churvanes...:) cebu is a nice place and am sure cebu will help and make you to be a better/independent person....here's my email add if u want to have a new frnd in cebu :) finlymae@yahoo.com...Gudlak for the result in your exam! bye for now

Post a Comment