Hire Me Direct

a quickie post...

Author: mavs // Category:
Today will be the start of my second week as a copy editor trainee at SPi.

As we advance in the training, I am already expecting the lessons to become more challenging; although we are still on the first module of the training which deals with the English language. After finishing basic and tertiary education, I thought the lesson will be as easy as ABC; but I was wrong. I was surprised to find out that I forgot almost everything I learned in school. I was like learning everything all over again within 80 hours only (divided into 4 hours a day so that would stretch to one month). Of course one can already picture how challenging it can be.

In spite of this, I am not worried because I know I'm not alone. (haha...confident :)) There are actually six of us in batch six undergoing training together with two SPi scholars who're joining us in the first month of the training. Modesty aside, there were more than a hundred who took the exam but only six of us passed so that's already a little achievement for us. :) The training, in my opinion, gets harder everyday but we don't seem to notice it because we don't treat it too seriously at all. Every time we're on discussion or answering exercises, we always insert a little funny conversation to lighten up the task (huh? what am i saying here?). Perhaps this is because we are all young people in the batch. The youngest in our batch is 19 while the oldest is 27 and none is married yet which according to our trainer is first time to ever happen.

Anyway, the training will last for four months and we are still on second week. Our trainers told us that the difficult part of the training will begin when we start doing the project specific. By the time we reach that phase of the training, she said we could no longer afford to smile at each other because of pressure. She said there are too many instructions we needed to familiarize ourselves with and all the other factors. If that is going to be the case, it is only proper that we enjoy ourselves while still at the first phase of the training because we might not be able to do it anymore later on.

Aside from the training, what I like in my new job is I get to see a lot of people everyday. I'm not sure about the figure but I think there are about 900+ employees at the present and still growing. Whenever we take our break and go to the canteen, it's just like I'm in school where I see students queuing to buy food. I think it's quite cool. Yeah, for now everything is still cool--one week down, 15 weeks to go.

I can't say anything else, this is just a quick post so I'll end this right here. I've to log out now...bye!

0 Responses to "a quickie post..."

Post a Comment